Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Frog Prince

So the last couple of weeks James has been slowly slipping into a posterior position. This is not something I want to have happen, so I have been upping my efforts to get him in the optimal position.

I sit on my ball, leaning forward, rather than slouching in a chair.

I sit upright, cross-legged, leaning forward on the couch, rather than reclining when I watch a movie.

I've even made a little mountain of pillows with a valley in the middle so that I can lay on my tummy.

I'm doing pelvic rocks, inversions, belly-lifting, etc. I REALLY want an anteriorly positioned baby.

Despite all this I have continued to feel kicking all over the front of my belly (one indicator of a posterior baby) and felt discouraged. Lately the kicking has become sort of simultaneous on opposite sides of my tummy. Feels totally weird.

So today I went to my prenatal appointment. The good news is that James has turned fully anterior. The funny news (and explanation of the weird kicking locations) is that his legs are splayed out in a froggy position. It's as though he's making as much room for himself as possible by pushing out with his legs, arms, and head all at the same time.

I love imagining him in there, positioned with scrawny little frog legs. I can't wait to meet him.

He's officially "due" today, but I don't expect him for at least another week. I plan on enjoying my holiday weekend with final preparations for his arrival.

3 comments:

shelley said...

Spencer was bum-down breech in frog leg position for months. After he was born, he screamed every time I tried to pull his legs down even an inch to put on clothes or change a diaper. Hopefully James hasn't been in that position long enough to develop an attachment to it. And hopefully he has a personality that will allow for change, unlike Spencer. Or me, for that matter. We are all anxiously waiting James' arrival, but I'm sure not as much as you!

Wendy said...

I love froggy legged babies! They are so cute.

Congrats on the turning of the baby. Don't let him turn back around. :)

Wendy said...

I think Wednesday would be a great birthday for little James. You could have him at 4:56 on 7/8/09 (sorry, you'd have to have the day and month like the unrefined Americans.) but it would be cool none the less. :)