Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Pride and Joy

So I just have to gloat a minute about how brilliant my daughter is and share her latest significant milestone.


For Christmas Jenny wanted an easel. Granny obliged.

Jenny has LOVED it. Today as soon as James went down for his nap Jenny rushed up to me (knowing that his naptime is the only time she gets to use her easel) and demanded "I want do paint my art."

"What color do you want."

"Red. No, yellow."

"Okay, yellow." I left to get the yellow paint.

"No, BLUE!!!!!" Jenny screamed in typical fashion, thus completing her usual waffling whenever faced with a decision.

I set her up.

She made a couple typical paintings of nothing but big globs of paint smeared around in an unrecognizable abstract.

She requested a fresh canvas.

Next time I looked up it was because she had pronounced "I made a smiley face!"

Surely not I thought, but wanted to see what in her mind was a smiley face. I saw this.


Well, not quite that. I just saw the head, the eyes, and the mouth. She hadn't completed her masterpiece yet.

Then she said "And a nose."

She painted a nose.

I cheered and high-fived and hugged.

She wiggled out of my hug protesting "AND LEGS!"

She proceeded to paint legs. One and two.

Let's take a closer look.


I'm keeping it forever.

3 comments:

Just what is a Clair? said...

That is so stinkin' sweet! Jane has drawn grapes before, but that's about it.:) Way to go Mom!

Jennifer said...

I love it!! I think all smiley faces should have 3 eyes!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's so awesome. A little artist in the making. I'm so proud.