you have a multiplicity of odd and/or painful symptoms that cannot be explained. Such as:
- Muscle aches everywhere, always.
- Shaky leg syndrome.
- You're tired. Really tired. All the time. Simply blowdrying your hair wipes you out.
- You can't sleep.
- Unexplained pain. Today it's in your shoulders. Next day it's in your calves. Who knows where it will be the day after that.
- Headaches. Oh, the headaches.
- Tender pressure points. Not just tender, but like "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH ME THERE, YOU INSENSITIVE, HORRIBLE SADIST?"
- IBS. If you know what that stands for, then you probably have it and I'm sorry. If you don't, well then, lucky you.
- Various and sundry other symptoms that are strange and not easily catalogued.
My sister who also has FMS has an uncanny talent for describing our symptoms with almost poetic accuracy. I wish you could hear some of her descriptions. This new development I doubt she has experienced, so I'll do my best to describe it without her assistance. Emma, if you know what I'm talking about, please let me know so I don't think I'm going crazy.
Everything I eat tastes like eucalyptus. Well, I guess it doesn't taste like that, but it feels like it's been infused with a few drops of eucalyptus oil. I still register the regular flavor of my meal, but mixed with it is an aromatic, methol-like freshness. Normally I really like eucalyptus and menthol, but not when I'm eating salmon and quinoa pilaf. The refreshing tingling sensation should be reserved for brushing your teeth and chewing mint gum.
Actually, these vapors seem present in my mouth and sinuses all the time, but at first I just thought it was my lip balm. It's pretty normal to feel that after applying, but it feels like it's on my tongue too. And it doesn't go away. Not when the balm rubs off during the course of the day. Not when I eat. Not when I chew the skin off my lips because they are leperous. (Anyone ever felt like they had leperous lips before, or is it just me?)
It's not exactly unpleasant, but it is odd. Just one more thing to add to the list, I suppose.